Thursday, April 03, 2003

Allow me to add some of my "own thoughts". These have been sent to my friends here at work via email. At least I have someplace of placing them aside from my Filing Cabinet. Here goes...


-----------------------------------


-- Have you ever stopped and look at the advances of everything? I think its trite to say that "Everything Changes". But you see, there has to be a reason for all these changes, not to mention, advancement in every aspect of man you can conjure up. Technology, medicine, industrial, science, literature etc. And the reason... IMMORTALITY.


As humans, we have the tendency to desire prolonging existence. Well, not existence per se, but life. And the innovations, influxes and discoveries today all lead to it. Emily Dickinson once said "It's abnormal for a person to not want to be remembered. Nobody wants to be nobody"


They write, that the next generations will read them and, in turn, will be remembered.
They invent, they discover, they build, they make... immortality. In words, in deeds, in existence.



Be somebody. Be immortal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home