Wednesday, March 15, 2006

stilled memories (rant edition)

I believe I have blogged about the effects of pictures before. Well, I got time (translation: bored) to visit friendster and browse some pictures of some friends of mine. Haven't you felt, while looking at a picture, that you were part of that picture at that time. I can be that you're the one that took it, or it was part of the occassion it was taken from. And now, that same picture is posted on a website visited by millions. That others that see it have no idea that you were there. But YOU know. It doesn't matter that you're a thousand miles away now, the feeling is still the same.

That sad part is that some pictures take you to a time you don't actually enjoy remembering. A friend told me that time heals all wounds. That you can forget something that happened as your years go along. See, I have been adamant in subscribing to that. I mean, sure you don't have the same intensity as it was when it was actually happening, or a few days after it happened for that matter, but there still is. A throb in your heart. Some winged insects scattering in your intestines. There's no denying it especially to yourself. But social pressure forces you to drown them in nonchanlance and smiles.

Whatever happened to us, happened. That's it. It cannot be erased on your memory nor others'. You can dismiss it for a few minutes but if it came back to tap you on your shoulder when you're alone, try and be real. I see no harm in it. It could not be a picture. I could be a song. A book. An expression. Food. Phone... The list is endless. Time can help you weaken it but totally vanguishing it, that's something I have yet to see.

If you can't be true with people, try and be true to yourself. There's really no harm in it. You're not hugging, nor hogging it. It's just acceptance that a simple thing can make you travel to another place, ambiance and sentimentality along, without lifting a toe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home