Saturday, December 10, 2005

femasculinity

I always believed I was able to understand the opposite sex better than anyone I know. Granted I haven't dated much nor had a lot of girlfriends (for the record it's 2), I was able to see through them what other men don't.

I grew up with women around me. My mother, sister, aunts, cousins and my grandma. My father and my uncles all went abroad. It's a culture in our place. My friends in gradeschool were ALL girls. Which, consequently, is the reason I don't have male friends. There was a small era where I was thought to be gay. When you're gay in the age, it's like having boils. Me and my friends used to walk holding hands, go to each others birthdays, do study sessions and hang out. I wasn't bothered then cause I really enjoy their company.

We drifted apart in high-school and I settled for the norm. Until now. But at home, it's the same. I learned everything from my mother and aunts that usually uncles and fathers teach. And more.

But at the same time, I learned that no matter how long you lived with, been friends with, even impersonated women to the extent of virtually being one, no man can understand women. That's just how it is. And I am not even a bit saddened about this coz I think it's how God wants it. It's how they become special. And they are. Beautiful. Innocent. Pure. Holy. Amazing.

Men may not understand you, but we adore you. In our cluelessness, we find heaven. In our ignorance, we find bliss...
-blabbermouth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home