Wednesday, November 30, 2005

money matters

I've been broke too many times that I can remember but man! It's different when your away. There are no 10-peso beef mami. No 50 cent fishballs. No arrozcaldo all you want at 3 in the morning. Quail eggs. kikiams. pass-a-load! arrgh!!!

I just find consolation in knowing my family will have a nice christmas with no fuzz. Inaanaks and what not. In here, the glorious day is celebrated silently. Which is kinda cool since you won't need to dress or hide from your Godchildren. (which i don't do.) But for me that got used to having a well-celebrated, well-planned and well-felt past, I can't help but be bummed. For 4 years, I even celebrated christmas night working but it was still ok. I can still come home and see ol' faces.

I only pray I find something real and meaningful this year...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home