Thursday, December 29, 2005

a rock and a hard place

My desire to come home has cranked up a notch today. Again, I dragged up the nonsensical process of weighing the pros and cons of doing it. Let me bore you.

Pros:

  • get to see my girlfriend (this has become a "Puddle of mud" song lately)
  • see my parents
  • see my grandma
  • be with my bestfriends
  • drink
  • travel
  • work where I know I'm making a difference
  • see MYMP perform
  • regain my english proficiency
  • do poetry
  • write
  • be home

Cons:

  • it'll cost me hard-earned money (both for plane and pasalubong.)
  • i'll be giving up the chance of earning higher that home
  • losing the edge(?) of going to countries I dream of.
  • a sting on my pride
  • some other matters with earning more mullah.

So summing up, the cons are more in a monetary light while my pros are personal. The sad thing these days is that money matters become part of one's personal ambitions. It goes hand-in-hand in building a future for one's self, or for his/her family.

Eversince I started working, I think even in college, money has never been an issue to me. Sure, I go broke more times that anyone in my age and status has been, but I learned to live with it. And live I did. It was such a magical time.

But now that I turned my back on my homeland in quest for greener pasteur, I somehow swam with the tide. I see myself putting aside my personal goals for... money. Although I shouldn't, I envy people who doesn't have to work for their own families. Who can save up for themselves. Plan marriage. Take a loan for a lot. Slowly build a house. Go on vacations. For me, I've ....

Why am I fucking whining?!?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home