Saturday, July 26, 2003

I had my off yesterday and went to the "Bisperas" I was telling you (whoever you are) about. Bisperas is the day before the fiesta. I went home around 11 AM and of course there's no food yet, just preparations here and there. The smell of pork and soy sauce in the air is intoxicating. I had to get out of there. I took a usual tour in the old house and reminisced a little from my childhood. Not to sound too sentimental but the doors look smaller. (yes, i know, I know.. I got bigger. geez) After that, I decided to visit my old friends. Fortunately, they weren't that busy. They are actually lying around. We went to a usual "Kubo" where we used to hang around before. A clear view of Mt. Arayat. It is so refreshing to see that some things haven't changed. We had some softdrinks and lot's of stories, updates and laughs. There's mass at 6:00 so we separated around 5 PM to prepare. Luckily, there's food at home and I was able to eat. We entered the church and I can't help by smile seeing the place. It's where I grew for most part of my life. We stayed next to the choir place for I one before. I sang with them, still knowing the particular parts of the Bass position. I was having the time of my life! Right after the mass, I was greeting some elders and I got a unanimous remark. "You've grown bigger". I became numb with the remark after getting some. We went outside to catch a raffle they do every year. We didn't win nor did we expect to.

After that we decided to skip the other parts of the show and go home. Of course we ate again. We walked and went to the "mini carnivals". We call them "Perya" here. Then went back to the town proper to watch some bands perform. I'll cut the band part for they didn't appreciate it that well. They sang songs that weren't that popular to my friends.

A friend texted me and asked me if I was in town. I replied yes and she wanted to meet. We haven't talked for 7 or more years but we were close before. She was my first crush in our town. I never proceeded for do anything about it for she was one of those "untouchables". Friends that no matter how perfect they are, you can't cross the friendship wall. I was okay with it. Plus, I was a dork before. Sigh. My original companions were expressing tiredness and we aggreed to call it a night and just meet tomorrow. We separated and I went straight to Bok's house. Yes, her name is Bok. We were so excited to see each other and we started to exchange stories. It turns out that her relationship with another friend of mine just ended. She was a little sad about it. I listened intently whilst I'm remembering all I can about her. We didn't know each other till we worked together in a theather presentation. She was an exceptional actress amongst other things. She finished her story and we discussed further what happened. Why and how.

We talked more about everything, life and everything in between. We revealed things that were kept during those years that we were not that open minded. She's a great friend and I miss her everytime I go home. For two people who haven't talked that long, we certainly seem like we never separated that long. She told me she loved talking to me even way before. I honestly didn't know. I never heard such phrase since my EX told me that and I knew the latter didn't mean it the way Bok did. I was paranoid about everything. Especially since I placed her in a high pedestal I will never reach. I was wrong to put her there. She was like me, only feminine. We heard the sound of the church radio which means it's 4:00 already. I told her it's time to say our goodbyes and we decided not to get our phone numbers for it will spoil the special thing about no communication till we just meet one day. We're probably be both married with our own families by then. I went back to Angeles after that but I'll remember that night for a long time. I text my other friends and said my apologies for leaving town early.

I felt really good about myself and believed that friends never actually go. They will always be there and you may be different persons when you meet again but your friendship will always stay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home