Sunday, September 21, 2003

Just came from a semi-hiatus. I felt I needed one. I planned it so I made the most of my freedom from the rigors of work and personal problems.

Sometimes we need that. (i know.. a cliché, but I had to say it)

Seems the high of romanticism can bring out the best of a person. The highs and lows. The seemingly insatiable thirst for intimacy. I tell you.. it's bliss. I know it's a sudden diversion from the normal idea I previously blog about but it's what triggers me to think deeper these days.

Some of us have great stories - pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car - but a lot of people, that's their story - good times, noodle salad. What makes you mad is not that you had it bad, but that you're pissed that so many others had it good.

These are the words from "As Good As It Gets". Personally, I didn't enjoy the film as much as other people did but that line got me. I am happy to say that I was one of those that got it GOOD. I had my share of bad to worst... well, I still do, but that's not the point. Sometimes, in the midst of that ordeal, you have one that keeps your knees firm. That force that can still stretch your mouth sideways when you think of it. That's what I have. That's what I celebrate right now. The world is scary for it throws you what it can to knock you down but, somewhere, in the back of our minds, we have that light. That hand that pats us on our back and whispers, "you still have me". And at some point, it all seems to go away. For a split second maybe, but it still aided without your calling, bantering or wagering.

Let the tigers come with their claws... - the little prince

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home