Thursday, October 09, 2003

I plan on leaving my work in persuit of another Job. Not necessarily a better one but enough to start again. I have made my mark on my career here on my work place. I don't care whether it was a good or a bad mark. Three years working here as its distinct appealing qualities but then again...

In case I haven't mentioned, I plan to study. For as long as I can remember, I want to persue what I should have taken in college. Amazingly, my enthusiasm to study Journalism or critical literature hasn't lessened through time of no clear clues if I will ever get it.

This may really sound like false optimism but then again, I heard this line from a TV series I used to watch - "never underestimate the value of eccentrics and lunatics". Not that I'm saying I'm any shades of the latter but you get the picture.

I firmly believe, and I'm hiding this on the very far end of my brain, that I can be a good journalist or a writer/correspondent/critic if I just put my heart on it. Sadly, life has other plans for me before I get to have a whack at it. I think all of us have this. A single belief that we will get somewhere. Some place where we are someone. (getting blurry?) Someone who is respected for what you do and loving it as well. We'll get there. I believe we can. I'll believe if for you.

How's that for false optimism?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home