Sunday, July 02, 2006

book high

My True Love Hath My Heart

My true Love hath my heart, and I have his,
By just exchange one for the other given:
I hold his dear, and mine he cannot miss;
There never was a better bargain driven.
His heart in me keeps me and him in one,
My heart in him his thoughts and senses guides:
He loves my heart, for once it was his own’
I cherish his because in me it bides.
His heart his wound received from my sight,
My heart was wounded with his wounded heart;
For as from me, on him his hurt did light.
So still methought in me his hurt did smart.
Both, equal hurt, in this change sought our bliss:
My true Love hath my heart, and I have his.

Ahh... Sir Phillip Sidney. One of the world's most romantic poet. He's more of an underground sort of poet for his works were under-appreciated in his time. The 1500s we're already ruled by the mainstreams. This particular poem was originally sung by a young woman to a man.

My love for poetry has always been obscured by the things that currently occupy me. Like music, fiction, bars and what not. But it's been intact for years and it ushers in when the opportunity arises. Like moments ago - there's this book that a friend lent me about 6 or 7 years ago.It's a book about the last 100 year's best romantic poems. It blew me away. I was literally flying with their words. Eventually I had to return it. Fast forward to the present, I received word a few months ago that it was thrown away or burned or murdered in it's prime. Eventhough I haven't thought about it for years, it still crushed me. I admitted to the owner that I almost brazenly asked to have it when I still have it. She, in turn, thought of giving it to me. Talk about irony huh?

Now, today, around 6 PM dubai time, she sent me a message with the poem above that she FOUND tha book. Imagine my relief. So, I have the chance of having that book again. Go back in time where I was young-er and thought nothing but romance, love and sentimentality. I will LIVE again. (evil laugh here)

That's all I got today boys and girls. I'll catch you again in a few days. God bless and stay in-love!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home