Friday, April 11, 2003

Birthdays are things we really look forward to. This is different on my part. I dont. I mean, yeah, i like my birthday but I have a different vision of it. My bday is not much of a big deal for me. Yes, its like a change of age and everything but for me, i dont look forward to it. I'm even anxious for my bday to pass. Let me give you a situation.
My most recent b-day, i got up and thought what will i do today? So I went to the video store to pick up some films i will watch. I got some sappy love stories and went to the counter. The clerk checked on my records and after a few seconds looked at me... "happy birthday sir" she exclaimed. It was the first greeting i got for that day and it came from a video store clerk. I smiled and said "thanks, you're the first one to greet me today". She blushed. I left the store and went home and watched the films.
The next day, i left for work but stopped by the video store to return the tapes. Again, (with a different clerk, a cuter one, *wink*), checked my records and looked at me, "Belated Happy Birthday sir" she said with a smirk. I smiled and said "thanks, you're the first one to greet me belated."
What's wrong with that story? You tell me... I'm just a year older than before. no more no less. I dont expect anyone to greet me anymore. I just go to the video store. Hmmm.. wonder what I'll do this year. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home