Friday, April 18, 2003

It's Good Friday. Everything's silent. Aside from the pricking heat, the electricity went off at 11:30 this morning. I was short to freaking out. We ate tofu because meat is prohibited based on our long-practiced culture. Tofu is soya beans processed, pressed and dried so there's no morsel of meat in there. Trust me.
In my younger years, younger meaning 3-4 years ago, we stay in the chapel where they hold the "pasion" or reading the persecution and death of christ. We make the semi-stage where they read. A cave-like structure so the readers are inside it with flowers and leaves for decoration. I don't interfere with the microphone and electical stuff.

Outside the chapel, most have gardens or function halls, there's a buffet table where the street or "purok" in charge will hold a small feast for people visiting the chapel. Mostly they have Macaroni soup (sopas), pancit, Ice cream, rice with viand, sometimes bread with coffee at early mornings. It was fun. And yes, it's fulfilling to the stomach. We would tour from barrio to barrio to read "pasion" and then they feed us of course. (wink)

I have a lot stories from my old hometown to share. But maybe in my next blogs. Have a contemplative Holy week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home