Monday, October 24, 2005

it's been a while..

I was watching TV and out of nowhere, I started thinking of a book a good friend lent me once. It was, and I remembered this part vividly, 100 years of best love poems. It was a little thick. Hardbound. It was like gold in the eyes. I read it. Reread it. Even typed the ones I liked and made it a small website. It went down. Anyhoo, I rummaged in my oldest email address and was able to extract some quotes I saved a few years back. Get ready to hear your heart beat.

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."

Now, this is a little contrary to the part where you always want to close your eyes and dream, day dream or force a reverie coz there, you can make believe. You can make a recurrent feeling and nostalgia happen. Either way, both are complete heaven.


"I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out."

Simply put, I love you cause you make me better in a lot of ways. Now, if you're gonna start with the whole "Dependency" shit, I suggest you zip it. I agree, you should not depend your sole happiness, dreams and self-contentment on another person. BUT, if that's how he/she makes you feel, my blessings. I'm no psychologist but if loving a person brings all those wonders out for you to take, dig in. If you will think of the ramifications and repercussions in doing it, then you are loss cause. If setting limits in loving someone because you are afraid of the negative outcome, please accept my future condelences. Whoever has heard of conditional love, please raise their hands! Didn't think so. Love is unconditional baby!

I do not love you as if you were the salt-rose, or topaz, or the arrow of carnations the fire shoots off. I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

I love you as the plant that never blooms but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers; thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance, risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body.

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride; so I love you because I know no other way than this: where I do not exist, nor you, so close that your hand on my chest is my hand, so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep.

Now this was taken from Sonnet XVII of Pablo Neruda's 100 love sonnets. One of my most loved poets of all time. If the last one sounded familiar, it's because it was read by Robin Williams in Patch Adams. "Without complexities or pride". Ahh... Doesn't it sound so pure? So sacred? Why blemish it?


Lastly,

LOVE IS A DECISION.

Ogie, from this day forth, till the day I get married to the day that I leave this earth, I shall forever be grateful of this. I have kept it for years for I fell in-love with it since the first time i heard it. I shall spread it to everyone that I deem in need of it.



Stay In-love (adj.) and Love. (vrb.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home