Tuesday, November 01, 2005

life's miracle

It was 7:30 in the morning and I heard her weeping and squirming. Sometimes she does this when her stomach aches. She said she needed to call someone and borrowed my phone.Not fully awake, I handed it to her and went back to bed.Her's was adjacent to mine. She's still squeaking. I got out of bed and went near her, she was in tears. I asked what's with her.She can barely answer.She said her stomach aches so much. I thought this is serious now and a small panic went through me. She wants me to call a friend of hers and ask what time the doctor checks in.She's still in pain.I went out and knocked on of our flatmate's door.She peeked and I told her what's happening.She followed me to our room and talked to her.We've made a decision.We'll need to go to the hospital at once. I arranged all the provisions we'll need.

---------------------------------------

At the hospital, I paced back and forth outside her room, praying every prayer that was thought to me all these years.But my mantra was, "keep her safe, keep her safe, keep her safe.."

---------------------------------------

Everytime I come close to her room, I hear her shouting on top of her lungs. Shouts of agony and pain. I closed my ears and hummed, prayed, sang and talked to myself. Drown the sounds from that room. I can't help but cry. It was sympathy pain.It was brotherly love.

---------------------------------------

I was told I can see them both now.

---------------------------------------

She looks so pale. Crying. I can't understand what she wants. Was told she's hungry and I made a joke of buying her a burger downstairs. Easy room. She's all balled up and so fragile.

---------------------------------------

I have a new neice.

---------------------------------------

She looks like me. Only tiny. Ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to present to you, Reema! My sister's new born baby girl...

---------------------------------------

All this happened 3 hours ago.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow ! Hello Reema!!! Welcome!!! nice piece hihihihihi...

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home